Sunday through Thursday, 10:00-3:00
Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK) seeks a skilled, enthusiastic, and creative individual to conduct general maintenance duties in our operational facilities. The successful candidate will have experience in maintenance and custodial duties, as well as some experience carrying out minor facilities repairs.
- Building Maintenance – The Maintenance Specialist (MS) carries out custodial duties and ensures that all interior and exterior facilities are kept clean, tidy, safe, and in good working order.
- Minor Repair Work – The MS conducts minor repair work, including light carpentry, painting, patch tilework, minor equipment maintenance, and basic facilities troubleshooting. The MS carries out some light landscaping duties around the building.
- Volunteer Supervision – The MS supervises volunteer work when appropriate.
Must-haves Nice-to-haves Not needed · 2+ years experience in custodial and/or maintenance
· Good communication skills
· Team player
· Independent troubleshooting skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Pride in work
· Enthusiasm for organizational mission
· Custodial certification and prior training
· Experience in food service industry
· Knowledge of tools and supplies
· General handyman skills
· Ability to work well under stress
· Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Strong culinary skills
· Experience working in human services
· Experience working in a nonprofit or small business setting
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who affirms and values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.