Position: Per Diem Substitute Chef & Evening Coordinator
- Kitchen Operations – The Sub-Chef oversees all operations within the kitchen, ensuring proper use of all equipment.
- Volunteer Supervision – The Sub-Chef supervises all volunteers onsite, up to 14 people a time.
- Dinner Preparation – The Sub-Chef coordinates dinner preparation and dining room setup.
- Dinner Service – The Sub-Chef oversees the dinner service according to predetermined guidelines.
- Client Relations – The Sub-Chef welcomes all clients, and addresses any issues that arise during dinner.
- 2+ years experience in a commercial kitchen
- Strong leadership & communication skills
- Very good social/“people” skills
- High school degree or equivalent
- Ability to work well under stress
- Strong management skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Valid driver’s license
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to Steve Werlin at [email protected] with “Sub-Chef Application” in the subjection line.
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.