Summer Program Internships
Part time (10-20 hours per week)
Full-time (35-40 hours per week)
Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK) seeks dedicated and passionate interns for Summer 2019. You must be an advanced undergraduate or graduate student, or burgeoning professional in a field related to social work, public health, or public policy. Interns will be assigned duties and responsibilities commensurate with background.
- Needs-Assessment Projects – As part of our strategic planning process, DESK is conducting several need-assessment studies, which involve a variety of quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies (interviews, survey, focus groups, environmental research, etc.). Interns must have appropriate background in order to oversee a Needs-Assessment Project.
- Program Execution – DESK operates a mobile pantry program in the summer which is typically overseen and operated by a summer intern.
- Client Relations – All Program Interns will work directly with clients of one or more programs.
- Volunteer Supervision – Most Program Interns will have the opportunity to oversee up to 10 volunteers.
- Performance Measurement –Program Intern will work with the Executive Director and Program Manager to develop the standards and metrics to determine program success, and ensure that all requisite data are collected in an appropriate manner.
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.