Fall 2018 Program Intern
- Program Execution – The Program Intern will be in charge of ensuring that the weekly Food Pantry program—serving up to 150 people weekly—is carried out under the standards and guidelines set forth by DESK staff. You must be available on Wednesdays between 1:00 and 4:00 pm.
- Client Relations – The Program Intern will work directly with clients to ensure that their immediate needs are met (within program parameters).
- Volunteer Management and Supervision – The Program Intern will supervise up to 10 volunteers at a time.
- Performance Measurement and Quality Assurance – The Program Intern will work with Executive Director to develop the standards and metrics to determine program success, and ensure that all requisite data are collected in an appropriate manner.
|· In pursuit of a relevant degree, or a recent graduate
· Strong leadership & communication skills
· Strong social/”people” skills
· Comfort with MS Office and Google applications
· Enthusiasm and outgoing personality
|· Comfort with Excel, Google Sheets, Google Forms
· Ability to work well under stress
· Experience as a volunteer
· Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Experience in public speaking
|· Strong culinary skills
· Nutritional background
· Restaurant experience
· Advanced research skills
· Data analytic background
· Graphic design skills
· Finance background
· Experience working in a nonprofit or small business setting
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace andStrongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.