Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen (DESK) seeks a highly-skilled, well-organized, assertive, enthusiastic, and creative individual to oversee DESK’s day-to-day program operations, including coordination and supervision of volunteers, program management, and dining room facilities. The successful candidate will have a record of successful management, experience in a human services setting, and demonstrated ability to multitask and work well under stressful conditions.
- Program Management – The PM is in charge of making sure the program runs smoothly on a nightly basis.
- Evening Host – The PM serves as the point-person in the evening, welcoming guests at dinner, making announcements, and ensuring that volunteers and guests are happy and safe.
- Guest & Client Relations – The PM helps connect guests and clients to onsite services and outreach workers when appropriate, and addresses any issues that may arise.
- Program Development – The PM works with the Executive Director to develop current and new programs.
- Volunteer Coordination – The PM determines volunteer needs, conducts some volunteer outreach, schedules volunteers, and communicates with volunteers before and after volunteer shifts.
- Volunteer Supervision – The PM supervises volunteer work when appropriate and deploys volunteers to work with other staff.
- Facilities Oversight – The PM is responsible for working with maintenance staff and volunteers to ensure that all facilities are clean and in proper working conditions, and that the dining room space is welcoming.
This is a salaried, management position (FLSA exempt), with generous paid time-off benefits and competitive compensation that will be commensurate with demonstrated skills, experience, and background.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to [email protected] with “Program Manager Application” in the subjection line, and please indicate in the email how you learned about this position.
DESK is an equal opportunity employer who values greatly the role of diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from people of all backgrounds and lifestyles.